Monday, December 30, 2013

RESOLUTE



In trying to come up with a title to this blog post, I began thinking about this new year and all it will hold. Then I began thinking about resolutions, which I never really make - because I never follow through. Then I thought about the root word -  resolute. Here is the definition:

I find it so ironic that the meaning of resolute is to be admirably purposeful, determined, and unwavering; yet most people never follow through.
So, while I was looking up this word, I happened to be listening to The Stand by Hillsong.
How appropriate. If you listen to it you can see the lyrics. What a resolution for the new year! To resolve to stand for Christ. To live my life in worship of Him.
If you read my previous blog post you know that this year will bring about major change in my life. My prayer for this year is that I will keep my eyes on the One Who keeps me. Even though, right now, I don't know what the future holds. I can trust His plan, because He is good and He is faithful. 
I'll close with the sermon notes from Sunday morning. The sermon was titled Kept By God. It was such a great reminder and so encouraging. 
Kept By God: The Keeping Power of God - Revelation 3:10
"Since you have kept... I will also keep..." 
Faith Leads to obedience; true scriptural obedience is a product of faith! Evidence of Faith is obedience to the Gospel. 
The word Kept in Greek - Tereo - means to watch over, preserve, keep watch.
I. We are kept by God's power in order to keep the command to endure.
II. God promises to Keep Us from the Coming Great Tribulation (Rev 3:10; 2 Peter 3:8-9) 
Isaiah 38: 1-6; 17 --> 17 NIV For it was for my benefit that I suffered such anguish. In your love you kept me from the pit of destruction. You have put all my sin behind your back  (This is so beautiful and precious! He kepts us from the pit because He loves us! He put our sins behind His back - they are forgiven!) 
III. We are kept by His Power 1 Peter 1: 3-7
A. How? 
i. Through the gift of the new birth
ii. Keeps our inheritance safe
iii. Keeps us through faith
iv. Keeps us through all kinds of troubles to prove our faith is real
IV. He Keeps Us From Falling (Jude 24, 25)
"24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, 25 to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen."
a. It's a great promise
b. It's a great presentation
c. It's a Great Praise 
God is able to keep you no matter what is ahead. :) 
Such a great reminder. 
Knowing that I am being kept by God, despite what the future holds, helps me to resolve to Stand for Christ. I pray that others would take the stand and resolve to be strong through to the end! 

No comments: