Saturday, May 7, 2011

This one’s for you…

Momma!

In honor of Mother’s day, I want to share with you, just what I think. (You know this might make you laugh, but more than likely it will make your cry, better get the tissues… I already need some…)

I think you are amazing. I love you so dearly. I am thankful for your constant prayers and support. I miss you so much. I cannot wait until June 14th. I know life hasn’t been easy, but you have proved just how far faith in our God can carry us. I am thankful that you chose to “give me to the Lord” when I was born. Even if that means I might be single for all eternity. I love laughing with you and at you. I love your food (clearly). I love how you love each of us – even when others might disagree – even when we’ve hurt you – even when I am being the bratty baby sister – even when I don’t get my way.  I love that you are so dependable, even when you do too much and probably shouldn’t be working two jobs. I love that your heart is for missions. I love that you pray for me daily. I love that you will stop and pray for me any time I ask – even if you are at work. I love that everyone thinks you are an “Angel” – we know the truth, lol. I love it when you say bad words, teehehe, especially when Mr. Frank hears you. I love it that you tell me that, “They let anybody be missionaries, huh, Krissy.” I love it that you call me Krissy. I am thankful for your faithfulness, even though it has not been easy (you know what I mean), it has been an example to me and has directed me to look at and rely on God’s faithfulness. I love that you kept me living close to Grandmother and Granddaddy all my life. I love you as much as you love your mother. Oh, I miss her so much. I can’t even imagine how much you miss her. I think you are beautiful and I hope that I am half as beautiful as you are when I’m your age. It makes me happy when people tell me that you are so “pretty”, so “beautiful”, so “young looking” – cause you are. It makes me happy when people tell me I look like you. I love it that you tell me you think I’m pretty, even though you are required to say it because you are my mother. I love listening to you sing. I love music and singing to this day because of your love for singing. I love singing with you in the car (in church it’s okay, but it’s really scary…) I love that I can talk to you about everything. I am thankful to God for you and that you direct me to Him always. Thank you for everything you have done to raise me and help me as an adult. I promise to put you in a good home some day. HA! I love, love, love, love, love you!

~Krissy

036momma

No comments: